San Diego Financial Advisors Network
Helping you find a local fee-only financial planner who puts YOUR best interests first
The Power of the Network
Choosing a financial advisor can be one of the most important decisions in your life, and it can feel overwhelming with all of the different options available. You’re looking for a financial planner who is:
- Highly qualified, with the educational background and experience to demonstrate their expertise
- Familiar with the specific financial challenges that you face, such as unique aspects of your profession of life stage
- Committed to following strict ethical standards, acting as a fiduciary, and always putting their clients’ best interest before their own
- A member of your own local community, and knowledgeable about issues specific to this beautiful city of San Diego that we are all fortunate enough to live in
We understand that every client is different, and will help you to find the financial expert who best meets YOUR specific needs.
About the San Diego Financial Advisors Network
The San Diego Financial Advisors Network is a group of independent financial planning experts who each meet qualifications and standards that exceed those of most financial planners.
We each operate our own separate businesses, but are united by our commitment to provide clients with the highest quality of advice. Here are the requirements to be listed as a member of our network:
- Appropriately registered with the California Department of Business Oversight as a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA)
- Have a strict fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of our clients at all times
- Operate as a fee-only financial advisor, meaning that we don’t collect any kinds of commissions or kickbacks for the recommendations we make to clients
- Have no derogatory marks on our records as financial professionals
- Focus primarily on providing comprehensive financial planning to clients, rather than solely managing investments (though some of us also provide investment management services)
- Experienced in providing professional financial planning services to individuals
- Operate our businesses primarily in San Diego and surrounding areas
- Committed to continually furthering our education in order to better serve clients
- Own or work at an independent financial planning firm, without the complications and conflicts that may exist among advisors at large broker-dealers or insurance companies
- Have a positive reputation among local professionals in our industry, as membership in SDFAN is by invitation only
- Maintain their status as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP®), or be recognized as a CFP® candidate currently pursuing the designation. Some members also maintain additional certifications related to financial planning
- Currently accepting new clients to work with
Choosing from our trusted network of San Diego financial advisors ensures that you will always be in good hands.
Find a financial planner you’ll love working with
To learn more about us and find the right advisor for you, please select one of our profiles below. You can also sort through our member financial advisors by specialty at this link.
Meet A Few Of Our Advisors
Taylor R. Schulte
Welcome! I’m a native San Diegan and I’ve spent over half of my career working for large wealth management firms. They spent more time t...
Mary Beth Storjohann
Mary Beth Storjohann, CFP® and Founder of Workable Wealth is an author, financial planner and accountability partner working to help client...
Luskin Financial Planning
Jon Luskin is a fee-only, advice-only CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) professional and fiduciary in sunny San Diego, California. Jon ...
Hourly Advice for Do-it-Yourself Investors