About the San Diego Financial Advisors Network
The San Diego Financial Advisors Network is a group of independent financial planning experts who each meet qualifications and standards that exceed those of most financial planners.
We each operate our own separate businesses, but are united by our commitment to provide clients with the highest quality of advice. Here are the requirements to be listed as a member of our network:
- Appropriately registered with the California Department of Business Oversight as a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA)
- Have a strict fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of our clients at all times
- Operate as a fee-only financial advisor, meaning that we don’t collect any kinds of commissions or kickbacks for the recommendations we make to clients
- Have no derogatory marks on our records as financial professionals
- Focus primarily on providing comprehensive financial planning to clients, rather than solely managing investments (though some of us also provide investment management services)
- Experienced in providing professional financial planning services to individuals
- Operate our businesses primarily in San Diego and surrounding areas
- Committed to continually furthering our education in order to better serve clients
- Own or work at an independent financial planning firm, without the complications and conflicts that may exist among advisors at large broker-dealers or insurance companies
- Have a positive reputation among local professionals in our industry, as membership in SDFAN is by invitation only
- Maintain their status as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP®), or be recognized as a CFP® candidate currently pursuing the designation. Some members also maintain additional certifications related to financial planning
- Currently accepting new clients to work with
Choosing from our trusted network of San Diego financial advisors ensures that you will always be in good hands.
Please visit our Advisors page to find the right financial advisor to help answer questions about your financial life and feel confident about your future.
Note: If you are an independent fee-only financial advisor in San Diego interested in applying to join our network, please contact Steven Fox for details.